Agape Villages is a licensed foster family agency placing children in foster homes in communities throughout Northern California. We accept referrals from California’s Department of Social Services, Child Protective Services and County Mental Health Departments. We serve disadvantaged children, adolescents and young adults from newborn to 21 years of age.
We are also a licensed adoption agency, serving our families, children and youth through the permanency of adoption.
Our goals include:
- To give dysfunctional biological families an opportunity to heal, grow and develop.
- To strengthen, where possible and appropriate, the foster child’s relationship with his/her family to promote reunification.
- To provide a safe and nurturing environment for abused and neglected children until they can be reunified with their biological families, be adopted or become emancipated, as appropriate.
- To provide children and adolescents with supportive relationships with caring foster parents who are dedicated to a lifetime commitment where reunification of the child with his/her biological family is not possible.
- To develop and maintain trained and certified foster families in which each child is nurtured and valued.
- To advocate for and procure the very best ancillary support services available to meet each child’s unique needs.
Services by which we distinguish ourselves include:
- On-call availability 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Weekly in-home case management by a master’s level social worker.
- Effective training requirement prior to certification as competent, fully qualified foster parents.
- Monthly foster parent support groups to meet the needs of our foster families.
- Substantial financial support for foster families.
- Programs that provide enrichment activities and independent living skills for all children served.